Friday, March 1, 2019

Concert Diaries : Kodaline live in Manila 2019





It's been 3 days since I watched Kodaline live at the New Frontier Theatre and I'm still suffering from #PostConcertDepression at it's very finest! The concert blues just won't go away! I came back to work Thursday night and It's been such a struggle attending meetings and stopping myself from talking about Kodaline. 😫

Met them for the first time last year when they joined Wanderland.Been waiting since 2012 so i remember being extremely thrilled that they are the main act! I guess it's safe to say that Josh, Mike and myself are the first 3 fans they met here in the PH! I still remember it like it just happened yesterday... They arrived at the hotel from the airport , Joshey approached them but when asked for a photo, the only response we received was "Later".  In my years of fangirling experience, When an artist says "Later"...They usually mean "Never'. I remember how disappointed we were that we decided to bill out BUT just before the hotel staff  could hand us the bill, We saw Jay approaching us followed by Stevey and the rest is history. MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't be so quick to judge! Honestly, that night and the night I saw them perform live the first time,turned out to be two of the best nights of my 2018!!! I remember Joshey and I were crying when they played "Brother". Gosh,,Good times!
















After Wanderland, I suffered from a major #sepanx and it didn't help at all that my office is literally 5 minutes away from the hotel they stayed at, I would get sad everytime our shuttle would pass by their hotel cos I can't help but miss the guys so freaking much! Fast forward to months later, I received the greatest news that they're coming back for a solo show and my heart couldn't be happier! FINALLY A SOLO SHOW!!!! I will hear my fave songs played live again! *insert 10,000 hearts*



I wish the photog told me were too far apart lol


It was in the morning of Feb 26th when me and my forever concert buddies, Josh and Ate My decided to pay my fave boys a visit! We drove almost 3 hours all the way to Manila to try our luck! When we got there, My friends thought it would be a great idea to let my fave human Jay, know that we're there so I sent him a message only for him to reply real time and come right down to see us in the lobby. I had to calm myself down before security throws me out because Jay is my favorite bassist in the freaking world. And okay, fine.. I have the biggest crush on him too!! I mean, who doesn't!?? He has the kindest pair of eyes I've ever seen. For reaaaals ..Okie... I better stop before I creep Jay out. Just in case he comes across this blog. AS IF. Idk..A girl can dream lols Kidding aside though, It's the best feeling in the world to know that your favorite band know of your existence! *sigh* I love Kodaline always and forever!

Sharing snappies :D

Jay asked How the year's been and me and my friends had a little chat with him  =)

I love this photo so much =)


His smile tho

kind kind eyes

So he spent prolly about 15 minutes talking to us about stuff , taking selfies and melting my heart in the process :P haha ( I SAID IM GUNNA STOP BUT I KENNAT HELP IT haha #sorrynotsorry )
He bid goodbye cos he's about to leave to explore the venue so away, we went too.

We didn't meet the rest of the boys but honestly, what Jay did for us is more than a fan like me could ever ask for! I wanted to meet the other boys so bad but we wanted to arrive early at the venue to get the closest spot.. I wanted to be by the barricade so bad!

We were prolly at the venue before 1 pm, we started lining up and the queue didn't move until about 5:30. I was waiting to get inside the venue when an angel came by to hand me the most precious gift and honest to goodness, I already resigned myself to the fact that I will meet the rest of the boys till this happened! Legit tears were filling my eyes because I was so touched by this unexpected wonderful gesture. Because of this lil surprise, I got to meet them,talk to them for a bit, hug them all and I even had a picture with all of them! My favorite would be having seen Jay's reaction when I walked into the meet and greet!  He seemed happy and surprised to see me there huhu...It's so great to love a band like this and know for sure that they know you exists! Let me just mention that I actually joined their contest but didn't win which made this experience even more magical! I also told the 3 boys that my name is Irish and Mark was like "Wait, your name is Irish?'' so I said "Yup! I told you that last year"...They laughed prolly because i said that super high pitch! lol





After the photo op, I stepped out of the meet and greet only to find out that I have another pleasant surprise! I was part of the first 20 to get inside the venue so i had the amazing opportunity to pick out a spot "naturally" right in front of Jay by the barricade! WISH GRANTED!!! He actually recognized me and waved sometime when they were doing "Follow Your Fire"..He might have also noticed my hair being pulled because my friends could not contain the excitement witnessing that haha I prolly blushed a little..no that's a lie..I'm sure it wasn't little. I was prolly cherry red haha












It was the most amazing night, They sang 16 songs and I was just singing, dancing, crying, screaming simultaneously throughout the show! I cannot move on! I've been re-watching the videos i took that night and crying like a baby hence this post. I needed to let it out somehow!

Anyway Here's the setlist. 


  • Follow Your Fire
  • Brand New Day
  • Ready
  • Brother
  • Shed A Tear
  • Head Held High
  • The One
  • Angel
  • I wouldn't be
  • Love Like This
  • One Day
  • Hell Froze Over
  • Raging
  • Love Will Set You Free
Encore: 
  • All I want
  • High Hopes
Me with Stevey after the show =)


So there ya go...Thank you for reading! Let me know in the comments if u went to watch them too! It would be nice to know the rest of you Kodaline fam =) 


Find me on IG @ishilubrico
Kodaline Videos from my Youtube channel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Concert Diaries : Kodaline live in Manila 2019

It's been 3 days since I watched Kodaline live at the New Frontier Theatre and I'm still suffering from #PostConcertDepressi...